9777 So. Yosemite St., Suite 110
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Dr. Cameron Field, DPM is a pediatric and adult foot and ankle specialist with advanced training in reconstructive surgery, trauma, sports medicine, and diabetic limb salvage. His goal is to provide the patient with the best possible care while being treated for their foot and ankle ailment.
Dr. Field is also involved in research and feels that it is an essential part of medicine to help patients achieve the best possible outcome in their treatments. He has lectured locally and nationally on his various research and other associated topics. He is involved with the Highlands Foot and Ankle Institute, the Denver VA Medical Center, and the Sky Ridge Wound Care Center with regular lectures to fellow physicians, residents, and medical students. The institute also holds national meetings in which new research and techniques are discussed. He is also an attending physician with the Highlands Podiatric Surgical Residency Program and the Denver VA Surgical Residency Program in Denver, CO.
Dr. Field enjoys participating in volunteer services including the 9NEWS Health Fair foot screenings, community health fairs, and being a foot and ankle consultant for various outdoor and running stores.
His other interests include running, basketball and spending time with his wife and three children. He also coaches youth baseball, football and basketball teams. They also enjoy the outdoors that Colorado has to offer including camping, hiking, and biking.
Dr. Cameron Field's Curriculum Vitae:
2007-present Summit Foot and Ankle LLC. Lone Tree, CO
2007-present Denver VA Medical Center. Denver, CO
2007-present SkyRidge Wound Care Center. Lone Tree, CO
2007-2008 Castle Rock Foot and Ankle Care. Castle Rock, CO
2010-present Clinical Assistant Professor; Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Denver, CO. PM&S-36 (Podiatric Medicine and Surgery) approved.
2006-2007 Served as chief resident. Graduated with over 1700 surgeries including total ankle replacements, forefoot and rearfoot trauma, reconstructive surgeries with external and internal fixation, arthroscopy, bunions and hammertoes.
2004-2006 Received training in advanced foot and ankle surgery, limb salvage, wound care, internal medicine, plastic surgery, trauma, vascular surgery, and orthopedic surgery. Extensive clinical experience with rotations at the Denver Wound Healing Center, High Street Podiatry Clinic, Salud Clinic, and private practice settings. Gave monthly lectures at the residency Podiatric Lecture Series, wound care conferences, and radiology conferences. Participation in weekly journal club reviews of major foot and ankle publications.
2000-2004 Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Awarded degree of Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
1998-2000 Utah State University, Logan, UT
Awarded Bachelors of Science degree in biology, chemistry minor
1996-1998 Ricks College, Rexburg, ID
Awarded Associate Degree in Biological Sciences
AMERICAN BOARD OF PODIATRIC SURGERY CERTIFICATION
Board Certified in Forefoot Surgery. Certificate #8090
Board Certified in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. Certificate #8143
Wright Medical Inbone Total Ankle Implant Course. Denver, CO 2011
Salto-Talaris Ankle Implant Course. Albuquerque, NM 2009
External Fixation Symposium - Orthofix. Key Biscayne, FL 2009
Advanced Techniques in Lower Extremity Fracture Fixation. Aurora, CO 2009
Essentials of External Fixation - Taylor Spatial Frame. Keystone, CO 2007
ACFAS Surgical Skills Course - Toe to Ankle Fusion. Denver, CO 2005
PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
1. Field, C., Ng, A. Subtalar Joint Arthroscopic Guided Resection of Middle Facet Coalitions – A New Technique. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 48:273-276. 2009.
2. Morgan, K., Brantigan, C., Field, C., Paden, M., Brantigan, C. Reverse Sural Artery Flap for the Reconstruction of Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds in High-Risk Patients. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 45:417-423. 2006.
3. Field, C., Ng, A., Paden, M., Stone, P. Syndesmotic Coalitions of the Calcaneocuboid, Calcaneonavicular, and Cubonavicular Joints: A Case Study. Submitted for publication.
4. Morgan, K., Field, C. Application of the Taylor Spatial Frame in Charcot Reconstructive Surgery. Submitted for publication.
5. Field, C., Terra, M., Paden, M., Stone, P. Actinomadura madurae of the Foot. A Case Study and Review of the Literature. Submitted for publication.
6. Field, C., McGuire, J. Retrospective Study Comparing Specific Joint Axes of Those with Diabetic Neuropathy Who Went on to Develop a Charcot Foot Type. Interdepartment Research Project: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. April 2003.
7. Field, C., Palamarchuk, H. Comparative Analysis or Rearfoot Motion During Running Between Different Shoe Types. Interdepartment Research Project: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. March 2003.
1. Field, C. ACell Therapy. A New Approach to Wound Healing. Denver, CO. 2011
2. Field, C. A New Etiology of Hallux Rigidus. Presented at the 3rd Highlands Foot and Ankle Institute Conferrence. Copper Mountain, CO 2010
3. Garber, J., Field, C. Arthroscopic Debridement with Lateral Ankle Stabilization Procedure. Poster presentation at the 68th Annual Scientific Conference for Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Las Vegas, NV. 2010
4. Haddon, V., Field, C. Injectable Integra with Sural Artery Flap: A Case Study. Poster
presentation at the 68th Annual Scientific Conference for Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Las Vegas, NV. 2010
5. Field, C. Running Injuries. Presented to Greenwood Village Athletic Club. Greenwood Village, CO 2009
6. Field, C. Ankle Fracture Repair: Assumptions and Illusions. Presented at the 2nd Highlands Foot and Ankle Institute Conference. Copper Mountain, CO. 2008
7. Field, C., Morgan, K. Application of the Taylor Spatial Frame in Charcot Reconstructive Surgery. Poster presentation at the 65th Annual Scientific Conference for Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Orlando, FL. 2007.
8. Field, C., Morgan, K. External Fixation Pin Care Protocol Utilizing Silvasorb® Site Dressings. Poster presentation at the 19th Annual Symposium on Advanced Wound Care and Medical Research Forum, San Antonio, TX. 2006
9. Field, C., Morgan, K., Brantigan, C., Paden, M. Reverse Sural Artery Flap for the Reconstruction of Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds in High-Risk Patients. Manuscript presentation at the 64th Annual Scientific Conference for Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Las Vegas, NV. 2006.
10. Field, C. Achilles Tendon Rupture Controversies. Presented at the Annual Colorado Podiatric Medical Association Conference, Denver, CO. 2005.
1. Chief Resident; Highlands P/SL Podiatric Surgical Residency; 2007
2. James V. Ganley, DPM Memorial Award for pediatric proficiency; 2004
3. Dr. David LeBovith Award for orthotic management; 2004
4. Jay R. Rapoport Memorial Award for preservation of human dignity; 2004
5. Podiatry Insurance Company of America (PICA) Merit Scholarship; 2003
6. Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine Merit Scholarship; 2000
7. Honor Society Academic Scholarship; 1998
8. Academic Dean's List; 1996-1998
"Ask the Specialist" television advisory panel: 2009-present
Sky Ridge Diabetic Physician Panel: 2009-present
National Disease and Therapeutic Index research: 2009-2012
Medical Staff: Lone Tree Firecracker 5KFun Run: 2009-2011
Reviewer for The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery: 2007-2011
Cameron Field, DPM 2007. All rights reserved.